There are various ways by which students can get support and guidance at WELS. These include academic counselling, Pastoral Care, and careers advice and assistance in securing study-related jobs through iCareer.
For academic guidance, you should consult your teacher or Head of Department or Director of Studies.
WeLS has a dedicated Pastoral Care Team offering personal support for students of WELS. You may also contact one of the International Marketers for assistance if you would prefer to use your own language. In cases where it is established that more professional services are required, the Pastoral Care Team will refer you to specialist support services.
The iCareer staff may be able to help in careers advice. They lead free workshops every 12 weeks to students of WELS at the Auckland campus. iCareer (level 1, 150 Hobson street, Auckland CBD) is a specific team at WELS who provide a wide range of services for students of WELS including:
- Assistance in preparing an individual CV based on skills gained in previous jobs and home country.
- Advice on job sites where vacancies are advertised, encouraging you to apply, helping you write cover letters, applications etc
- One on one advice to you to prepare for an interview by conducting a ‘mock’ interview and creating a real life scenario to aid readiness
- Advice on professional mannerism and effective presentation skills
- Arrangement of ‘work experience’ wherever possible to allow you to gain confidence in the workplace
- Counselling and guidance towards your career goals
Code of Practice
Wilkinson’s English Language School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 administrated by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Copies of the Code are available on request from WELS or from the NZQA.