Workplace Literacy (Free English for Worker Course)
Improve your career, study Free course, and get a certificate.
This course can help in developing your skills in your work and help you to communicate better in your daily life:
- Communication and Customer service skills face to face, phone, and email.
- Understanding rules and regulations at work.
- Language and skills for filling in forms, documentation, and reports.
- Language for Health and Safety.
- Reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary.
- English for everyday life – visiting the doctor, going to the bank, shopping, kids’ school.
- Pronunciation and understanding the Kiwi accent.
- Understanding Kiwi workplace culture.
- Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Digital skills ( word&Excel).
- Language and terminology related to your industry, where we choose the area that you want your course to focus on, such as:
- English for Business Communication Skills.
- English for aged care and health care.
- English for Manufacturing Industry and Trades.
- English for customer service and retail.
- English for Restaurants and Bakeries.
- English for Hairdressing, Barbers, and the Busty Industry.
- English for Hospitality.
- English for Agriculture, Farms, and Dairy.
- English for Alternative medicine (Herbalist- Chinese medicine – Acupuncture – ..etc).
- English for Engineering and mechanical trades.
- English for arts and design.
- English for drivers.
This course can help in improving your career if you want to find a better job, you can study
- CV Preparation.
- Interview techniques and the related language skills.
- Searching and applying for jobs online.
This course is FREE for a learner who:
- is an NZ resident or citizen.
- is in the paid workforce (full-time, part-time, casual, self-employed).
- has low skill levels in literacy, numeracy, or literacy and numeracy, as determined by us, call us to check your eligibility.
40-80 hours, based on the level of the student.
2-4 hours per week at a time that suits you, from Monday to Saturday between 7 AM to 9 PM.
We can deliver our training programmes at your workplace, or at our campus.
Small class size, up to 5 students to ensure teacher’s focus on students and guarantee the best outcomes.
It is a government-funded course so that it is FREE for all eligible NZ residents and citizens.
“We are from Cambodia and moved to New Zealand 13 years ago; we used to work as workers in factories due to our low English level. However, after studying English for workers course with Wilkinson’s our English became better, and we started our own business.
We highly recommend this course for all workers; the class timetable is flexible, just 2 hours per week at a time that suits our working time. Moreover, the course is designed based on our level and our needs, friendly staff and our teacher was quite supportive and professional, we would like to thank Wilkinson’s team for their help”