Workplace Literacy (Free English for Worker Course)
Improve your career, study Free course, and get a certificate.
This course can help in developing your skills in your work and help you to communicate better in your daily life:
- Communication and Customer service skills face to face, phone, and email.
- Understanding rules and regulations at work.
- Language and skills for filling in forms, documentation, and reports.
- Language for Health and Safety.
- Reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary.
- English for everyday life – visiting the doctor, going to the bank, shopping, kids’ school.
- Pronunciation and understanding the Kiwi accent.
- Understanding Kiwi workplace culture.
- Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Digital skills ( word&Excel).
- Language and terminology related to your industry, where we choose the area that you want your course to focus on, such as:
- English for Business Communication Skills.
- English for aged care and health care.
- English for Manufacturing Industry and Trades.
- English for customer service and retail.
- English for Restaurants and Bakeries.
- English for Hairdressing, Barbers, and the Busty Industry.
- English for Hospitality.
- English for Agriculture, Farms, and Dairy.
- English for Alternative medicine (Herbalist- Chinese medicine – Acupuncture – ..etc).
- English for Engineering and mechanical trades.
- English for arts and design.
- English for drivers.
This course can help in improving your career if you want to find a better job, you can study
- CV Preparation.
- Interview techniques and the related language skills.
- Searching and applying for jobs online.
This course is FREE for a learner who:
- is an NZ resident or citizen.
- is in the paid workforce (full-time, part-time, casual, self-employed).
- has low skill levels in literacy, numeracy, or literacy and numeracy, as determined by us, call us to check your eligibility.
40-80 hours, based on the level of the student.
2-4 hours per week at a time that suits you, from Monday to Saturday between 7 AM to 9 PM.
We can deliver our training programmes at your workplace, or at our campus.
Small class size, up to 5 students to ensure teacher’s focus on students and guarantee the best outcomes.
It is a government-funded course so that it is FREE for all eligible NZ residents and citizens.